Solidity Brand Guide¶
This brand guide features information on Solidity’s brand policy and logo usage guidelines.
The Solidity Brand¶
The Solidity programming language is an open-source, community project governed by a core team. The core team is sponsored by the Ethereum Foundation.
This document aims to provide information about how to best use the Solidity brand name and logo.
We encourage you to read this document carefully before using the brand name or the logo. Your cooperation is highly appreciated!
Solidity Brand Name¶
“Solidity” should be used to refer to the Solidity programming language solely.
Please do not use “Solidity”:
- To refer to any other programming language.
- In a way that is misleading or may imply association of unrelated modules, tools, documentation, or other resources with the Solidity programming language.
- In ways that confuse the community as to whether the Solidity programming language is open-source and free to use.
Solidity Logo License¶
The Solidity logo is distributed and licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
This is the most permissive Creative Commons license and allows reuse and modifications for any purpose.
You are free to:
- Share — Copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
- Adapt — Remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the the Solidity core team endorses you or your use.
When using the Solidity logo, please respect the Solidity logo guidelines.
Solidity Logo Guidelines¶
Please do not:
- Change the ratio of the logo (do not stretch it or cut it).
- Change the colors of the logo, unless it is absolutely necessary.